Minority

I figure this is a great way to build a foundation on what conversations with my sister are like:

We happen to live in a very upper white class town. You didn't think it'd be possible in this day and age but it is. I'm forever getting leered at when I go to the local wine store.

Months ago we went to the local movie theater and as we were waiting for the movie to start I made an observation and decide to share in on this new useless fact.

Me: Leans over and whispers I just realized we're the only minorities in here.

Sis: That's because everyone else is older.

Me: WHAT?!?

Sis: *blank stare* What? You said minority and we are catching a matinee... That's not what it means does it?

Me: AHAHAHAHAHAHA! No, honey it does not.

Could not stop laughing for twenty minutes. I had to walk out for a little bit to compose myself as to not disturb the theater.

But it gets better! I was watching tv in my room couple weeks ago, when she comes storms in:

Sis: I was just talking to *Jason online and you won't believe this. He doesn't know what curry is!

Me: So? You didn't know what a minority was.

Sis: How is that worse?

Me: Um.. because YOU ARE ONE!

Sis: Yeah, I suppose that is worse. Walks away.

Oh man I love this girl.

0 comments: