Life101

I'm at job #2 right now... Been here since 7am and I closed last night, then just had to squeeze in the last 4 episodes of Greek: Chapter 1 before going to bed which means I managed to make it here with 4 hours of sleep. *head desk

As I sit here killing off my 5 hour shift I make of list of things I need to accomplish this weekend, that don't get done during my 60 hour work week. My room for example is atrocious. There's laundry everywhere. Leftover Netflix envelopes carpet my floor, along with the Nintendo Wii games that I manage to squeeze in from time to time.

During the weekdays I'm usually home for sleeping and to wind down a bit with maybe an hour or two of tv/games before collapsing into bed to start my day again. I find myself eating at home on Saturday afternoons and Sundays. Which means my sister is left surviving on PB&J sandwiches or cup noodles. We both agreed she couldn't be trusted with the stove or microwave, after trying to make frozen fries which made the condo smell like smoke for a month.

The sacrifice of any social life was made from my previous social life and your typical run-of-the-mill life mistakes. Biggest one is the car. Effing car. Awhile back when my mom let her boyfriend move in without telling us, and allowed him to pretty much run the damn place, I left. To be vindictive she tells me to don't even think about taking the car that was under her name (but I was making the payments). So I had my cousin pick me up and couch crashed between her place and my uncle's for about 6 months. My employer at the time knew a car dealer and they helped me get a car despite my horrible credit rating.

Fast forward 3 years later I decide to look up when my car payments end. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that I had another 4 years to go! I won't share the price that I'm paying per month, but let's just say I should be driving a BMW instead of a Toyota Corolla.

Obvious solution is get rid of the lease. I plan to sell it privately and cross my fingers that I can get a deal to pay off the loan so I can get something else not just more affordable... but more humanly affordable. Not reaching for the stars here.

There's always a hurdle. Here's the hurdle: I hit a deer last year, and the sucker dented my passenger door to the point where I can't open the door. So my sister has had to either crawl through the window or ride in the backseat and I pretend like I'm a taxi driver, only she won't pay me.

Come January I get an extra paycheck for the month, so hopefully I can use that to pay the deductible and go through my insurance to fix the thing to get rid of it. So yet again, there goes the plan to get a new HDTV or the XBox 360. *pouts

FYI: I am aware how much of a mess my life is. But that's just scratching the surface.

,

0 comments: